A little about Squidoo
Squidoo is a community website that allows users to create pages (called lenses) for subjects of interest. It’s free! Squidoo lenses can be monetized in several different ways (Amazon, Ebay, etc). Squidoo lenses are simple to set up, you just need to create awesome content and promote your lenses.
- The Title and URL of your lens are both very important.
- You want quality and quantity. Create great lenses, and a lot of them.
- Update your lenses regularly.
- Comment and “squidlike” other lenses.
- Promote your lenses with Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking sites.
- You can use HTML in your lenses. Took me a while to realize this. :)
- Write focused lenses – one subject per lens.
- Interlink your lenses.
- Use keywords.
- It’s not about being perfect, just get started writing!
- Don’t spam – they don’t like that stuff any more than you do!
- 100 Things I’m Thankful For
- 10 Places I Want to Visit Before I Die
- Top 10 Heroes
- Top Lists (people love lists!)
- 10 Things to do in St. Louis with Kids
- Crafty How-To
- Reviews (Top wii games, Favorite kitchen gadgets)
- Favorite Foods
- Personal Goals
- Places You’ve Visited (or want to)
- Things Kids Can Make
- Vegetarian / Vegan Diets
- Low Carb Diet
- HCG Diet
- Gardening How-To
- Favorite TV Shows
- Fast Cleaning Tips
- Polls, Quizzes
- Step by Step on How to Get Started
- Very Basic How-To on Creating Your First Squidoo Lens
- How-To (includes Affiliate info)
- 21 Awesome Squidoo Tips
- Lens Promotion and Traffic Generation Tips
- URL Submission (great for traffic)
Improving Your Lens / How-To Squidoo
Show me the money!
- Top 10 Best Ways to Make Money on Squidoo
- Building Lenses for Profit
- Making Money with Squidoo
- Using a Blog to Build Squidoo Earnings
Miscellaneous Squidoo Resources
- Resource List (great list!)
- Squidoo Tutorial Directory
- Recipe Guide for Squidoo (PDF)
- Official Squidoo Guide (PDF)
— Sadie Lankford (@sadie_lankford) March 22, 2012